Wednesday 7 November 2012

K-Pop Artist - IU

 Who is IU?
IU
Korean singer and actress,  IU is one of the most popular Korean singers, her voice being cute and unique. IU's name originates from the phrase 'I and You', symbolising we can become one through music. She is often referred to as the 'nations little sister' due to her personality.

At the beginning, IU's talents were less recognised, her actually recognition being the year after when she released tracks such as Boo and Marshmallow. She later received more status - as she released a song for the TV show 'We Got Married' with 2AM's Seulong, and later even more when she began acting in popular TV dramas such as 'Dream High' in 2011.

IU is one of my favourite Korean Singers, 3rd of BoA and SHINee. She has a really sweet voice that really brings out my inner fangirl (LOL). She is a real fresh sound to the K-Pop industry, and I hope to see a lot more of her about, (especially being one of my favourite characters in my favourite drama...). I find her songs are really delightful - and would advise any lover of cute to listen to her songs :)

Statistics

Birth Name: Lee Ji-eun
Birthday: May 16th 1993 (Age 19)
Height: 162cm/5'3.6''ft
Weight: 44.9kg/99lb
Bloodtype: A
Debut Date: September 18th 2008
Genre/s: Ballad/Pop/K-Pop
Debut Album: Lost and Found (Mini Album, Released September 24th 2008)
Record Label: Loen Entertainment
Active in: South Korea, Japan
IU has currently released 2 full albums and 4 mini albums (this figure is an estimate, please feel free to tell me the real amount).

IU Music Example:
Marshmallow - Released12th November 2009



My IU YouTube Playlist:

IU Official Korean Website - (In English and Korean)
IU Official Japan Website
Read More on IU: Wikipedia - IU

 

No comments:

Post a Comment